‘Boss Day’ is almost here, are you prepared with how you would express your gratitude for the inspiration, motivation, and direction that he has shown to you? On 3rd Wednesday of October, i.e. on 16th October 2013, you must plan something exceptional to make your boss feel special.
You can definitely gift him flowers or bouquets along with a message card. But the question is, what type of flowers would you pick? How will you select a flower for him? Here are some ideas, by which you can pick up specific flowers for him:
Pick up flowers according to their meaning:
Different flowers have different meanings, so you can pick up the flowers according to them and express what you want to convey. Some of the flowers with their meanings are:
- Black-Eyed Susan = Encouragement
- Casablanca lily = Celebration
- Hyacinth = Sincerity
- Iris = Inspiration
- Pink Carnation = Gratitude
- Statice = Success
- Stargazer Lily = Ambition
- Stephanotis = Good luck
- Tuberose Sunflower = Pleasure
- Violet Tulip = Faithfulness
- Yarrow Tulip = Good health
Another idea, to pick up flowers from florist shop is according to the personality of the person. You can choose the flowers according to the personality of your boss. Scroll below to learn how to do that:
- If your boss is a person who loves being outdoor and stays casual, then he comes under natural personality. For such people, choosing green & flowering plants is a good choice. You can pick up a bouquet of meadow flowers and woodsy accents for him/her.
- There are people, who are spontaneous in their decisions and working style. On one hand, they are generous and on the other, they have an extravagant attitude. For such people, you can pick up the flowers which are soft in colors and have light fragrance.
- Those who have expressive personality love something unusual and artistic. You can pick up the flowers which have unusual combinations of shape, color, and texture.
- If your boss is one amongst those, who have a lively personality, then your pick should be monochromatic bouquets which have few but long stem flowers.
If you are planning to gift him a floral bouquet, then you can also choose the one with flowers for his birth month. Like if he is January born, then choose Carnations; for February; pick up Violet Iris; for march, Daffodil is a best pick; people born in the month of April loves Daisy, & Peonies, whereas those born in May have an inclination towards Lily or Lily of the Valley. Likewise, below is the list of other months and the best flowers for them.
- June: Rose
- July: Delphinium
- August: Dahlia, Gladiolus
- September: Aster, Forget-me-not
- October: Calendula (aka Marigold)
- November: Chrysanthemum
- December: Poinsettia, Holly, Narcissus, Paperwhite
There are several Singapore florists, who are giving special bouquet collection for boss day. You can visit them and pick up a special floral arrangement for your boss.